It’s one thing to start an online business, but it is another to drive more customers to your business. You need to position your online business effectively to increase sales. There are millions of ecommerce businesses trying to win customers.
To make prospects loyal customers, you must drive them to your website and do everything possible to convert them into loyal customers. To increase your e-commerce sales and improve your business, you can use the IO Scout Amazon seller tools. Keep reading to learn six ways that you can increase your online sales.
1. Brand awareness is the key to success
If you want to increase your online sales, your first step should be brand awareness. People will trust brands and be more likely to ask questions about you if they know you. People will buy more if they know more about your products or services.
Quality products are the best way to build your brand, even if you don’t invest in marketing. Quality is essential for everyone. Customers will only be satisfied if they have a solution that solves their problem.
- To market your brand, you should partner with industry influencers.
- Pay-per-click advertising on social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.
- Native advertising can help you win new customers.
- To drive more customers to your store, guest post your content to high-traffic websites.
You can run a social media contest to get people sharing your brand information, such as links, with their friends and family.
2. Mobile optimization: Optimize your website
- This is something you probably already know: most digital buyers access your website via their mobile phones and place orders. Your web developer must be consulted to ensure that your website is optimized for mobile and desktop devices.
- Your web pages must be able to display well on mobile phones and provide the best user experience for your customers. Your web pages should be easy to navigate, responsive and light.
- If your landing pages and web pages take longer to load, you will likely see more abandoned carts. To increase their shopping experience, online shoppers tend to be impatient.
3. Send follow-up or direct emails to customers
- What should you do if customers visit your website and show an interest in your products? It’s simple: send them a detailed email to let them know more about you brand. You should include some details about your products and, most importantly, welcome them to your company.
- It is a great way to inform potential customers about your products or services by email. To encourage customers to return to your shop, you can send them a coupon code or discount offer.
4. Rebuild abandoned carts
- You can email your customers to inform them about new offers and cancelled carts. Ask the customer if they’d like to return to your shop to fulfill any pending orders.
- Most abandon carts are due to technicalities within the customer journey. Reduce the number of steps and clicks that customers must follow before they are able to place an order. You can eliminate the landing pages.
- A customer clicking on an advert on social media should land on your website and make a purchase within seconds
5. Social media is a great way to connect with prospects
- Any company without an online presence today is missing out on a lot of potential. You must manage your social media profiles to increase sales in startup e-commerce.
- You can, for example, create a Facebook page for your brand to build an active following. You should create quality content that entertains and informs your followers on social media.
- You must be active on social media as a business. Comment on the posts of your customers and provide feedback to any questions they have about your products or services.
- Your customers should always receive honest and fast answers to any questions they may have about your products. Engaging with customers online can win their hearts and convert them into loyal customers.
6. Free samples
- Offering free samples and gifts is another way to win more customers. If you give samples or gifts to your prospects, it helps them see your brand and spark an interest in your company.
- Software salespeople can offer new customers two-week free trials. You can market your brand by offering free trial memberships or samples of household products.
- Free samples are a great way to change customers’ perceptions of your business. It also makes it easy to convince people to purchase your products.
7. Offer Money-Back Guarantee
- Risk-averse consumers tend to be the majority. This means that they won’t spend their money on brands offering low value. How do you convince customers that the product you offer is authentic? Give them a money-back guarantee that is bulletproof.
- You can guarantee that the customer will return the product if they aren’t satisfied if they buy the product for the first time. To avoid falling for the traps of customers who intend to exploit your business, you should have a clear return policy.
8. Automated upselling
- Automated marketing can be one of the best tools to increase your online sales. Different tools can be used to market your products or services to customers based upon their online behavior. This includes videos they watch on YouTube and sites they visit.
- Automated marketing is a great way to reach customers within their comfort zone in a world filled with distractions. Automated marketing can be used to remind customers to come back to your business.